What did the Russians conceal in the Smolensk investigation?
Min. Macierewicz reveals sensational information.
Published: March 9, 2018
We have proof that the Russians concealed a flight data recorder with the Smolensk flight parameters which could not be faked and manipulated- said the head of the Smolensk Subcommittee Antoni Macierewicz. He appeared on TV Republika and reported that experts from the Smolensk subcommittee found "one of the most important material evidence of the course of events of the Smolensk disaster."
As he pointed out, it is about the KZ-63 flight recorder, the analog flight data recorder that registers information about flight parameters using a special drawing pointer. He added that this method of recording the data used by the KZ-63 recorder cannot be faked.
“We have material evidence that the Russians concealed the key evidence that showed the course of events, the recording of the flight parameters that could not be faked. This key evidence was hidden by the Russians, so that it could not be examined,” said Macierewicz.
The former head of the Ministry of National Defense pointed out that the pictures of the crash site show elements of the KZ-63 recorder along with an orange cylinder that contained the recorder of flight parameters.
A member of the Smolensk Subcommittee dr. Jacek Jabczyński pointed out that according to the official Russian report, the KZ-63 recorder was not found at the crash site. He stressed that while other digital recorders were found, this analog recorder allegedly was not found.
According to Jabczyński, "there is no doubt that the recorder was located at the crash site of the disaster." He found key components of this recorder in the photos from the crash site. It was possible to identify on the photographs from the crash site an object like the KZ-62 recorder.
Antoni Macierewicz emphasized that according to the photographs from the crash site, all structural elements of the KZ-62 recorder were preserved. “This proves that the recorder itself could not have been subject to great destruction. This device is quite strong in construction,” he pointed.
The head of the Smolensk Subcommittee added that this material evidence is of great strategic importance. “Now we know where to look for and what elements should be examined,” he stressed.
Appointed in February 2016 by then Defense Minister Antoni Macierewicz, the Subcommittee to Re-investigate the Smolensk Disaster presented some of its conclusions on April 10, 2017. According to the Subcommittee, the plane was torn apart by explosions in the fuselage, the center wing and wings, and that the destruction of the left wing began before the birch tree. According to Macierewicz, state institutions that previously examined the Smolensk catastrophe failed to fulfill their basic duties, and the decisions in this matter were of a political nature.
On April 10, 2010 in Smolensk, a total of 96 people died in the crash of the Tu-154 aircraft carrying a delegation to the Katyn celebrations, including President Lech Kaczyński and top commanders of the Polish Armed Forces. Source:
Click on the thumbnails below to view screen dumps from the detectors used to examine the wreckage and seats from the Polish president's plane crash in Smolensk. An "X" denotes the presence of the detected explosive substance and its type. The underlined Polish word "Probka" or "probka" in the screen dump 1 and 2, means "Sample"
Why did they all fly on the same plane?
Synopsis: January 12, 2013, Toronto, Canada. The wife of the late Deputy-Minister of Culture Tomasz Merta: "What I am about to tell you now, are suspicions - and not even my own - but, rather the [suspicions of the] individuals in the inner-circles of the [Polish] military... I heard a statement that was made - but, I am not taking any responsibility for how credible, or not credible it is. [I heard that] had the generals and journalists' not been re-assigned to different aircraft, it wouldn't have been the Tupolev [Tu-154M], but rather the Casa [transport aircraft] that would have been taken out.
Because the Generals were no longer onboard the Casa, there was no reason for it to get airborne. And for this reason it was the Yak[-40] that flew off to Smolensk. This Casa [transport aircraft] was never examined in any way. It was not subject to any examination. Aside from a single note in the deposition given to the military, no one was interested why this aircraft didn't fly [to Smolensk]. Perhaps, this is someones crazy phantasy, but perhaps it isn't.
Some [Polish] military personnel had suggested, that it [the Casa] had to stay behind at the Okecie military [tarmack], so that the explosives could be removed from it - because they were no longer needed [...] I am only repeating what I was told."
"Disarming" Explosives ...
It is worth for us to retrace the entire process of "disarming" the case of explosive substances at the crash site. It all started with the publication of Cezary Gmyz in "Rzeczpospolita" on October 30, 2012, and information that the detectors, which were used by experts in Smolensk (in late September and October) showed traces of TNT and nitroglycerine.
As it turned out, the journalist was also reporting about the indication of Hexogen. The storm broke. The prosecution denied the publication, and ultimately, the editor-in-chief of "Rzeczpospolita," Cezary Gmyz and two other journalists lost their jobs. The entire editorial staff of one of Poland’s most popular weeklies, "Uważam Rze", was also silenced.
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed herein are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views the SmolenskCrashNews.com. All information is provided on an as-is basis, and all data and information provided on this site is for informational purposes only. The Smolensk Crash News DOT COM makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.